This historic home was built around 1893 by Albert Neunfeldt on an 8-acre poultry farm. For over 100 years the Neunfeldt family lived in the residence and it sat vacant after it was sold in 2005. The effects of a century’s worth of wear took a noticeable toll. Lafferty Communities, in collaboration with WHA, developed the entire site, subdivided into eighteen lots.
The 1,500 square-foot, 19th century home would need to be updated for today’s lifestyle. With respect to the original building envelope and traditional features, WHA restored the home and added additional square footage to accommodate a basement and expansion into the attic. The first level now contains the living space, den, kitchen and dining, and master bedroom for single-level living. In the basement, two bedrooms and a separate guest suite with its own living room, bed, and bath. A detached two-car garage sits at the rear of the home.